Don’t let the potential cost of a holiday get away dash your dreams of actually going on holiday. Holiday getaways do not have to break the bank, drain your wallet, or tap into your savings and holiday planning shouldn’t stress you or your loved ones out.
Keep your spirits up and fun in focus with these helpful tips. You’ll breathe easier and still have fun on your holiday!
Holiday Money Saving Tips
1. Snacks & Drinks – Pack bread, chips, sandwich, and ready to eat foods. You don’t need to bring too much but you can save money by at least bringing snacks. Lollies and energy bars cost higher if bought from convenience stores.
2. Drinks – Bring soft bottled water so you can refill it from taps. You may also want to pack fruit juices, sodas, milk or bottled water to keep you hydrated.
3. Charger – Bring power banks, chargers, connectors so you don’t have to pay extra for charging fees. You can also bring extra batteries if you have.
4. Travel tour offers – Go online and see what the latest travel offers are. Ticket price may change depending on the season.
5. Bring toys – Keep your kids behave by bringing small toys, books or gadgets to keep them busy. This way, there is no need for you to stop by at a convenience store to buy overpriced toys.
6. Travel with other relatives – The more the merrier. Travelling with your other relatives or with another family may have an advantage. This is ideal if you prefer to stay in a house for rent. The fee is fixed so the more relatives you bring the rate becomes smaller because you divide it per head.
7. Sanitary kits – Vendo machines are everywhere. Save money by bringing your own sanitary napkin, tissue, etc. Bring wipes, sanitizers to avoid mess.
8. Hotel and Restaurant – Check the rates and freebies. Is there a free WiFi, or free breakfast? Some hotel packages may offer free spa and other freebies so don’t be afraid to ask of what’s included in the package.
Remember that your goal is to save money. You can take advantage of the hotel’s amenities without paying extra charges.
Let the simple steps above inspire you other ways to save. Travelling is easy when you are smart about where you are spending your money.
Spend time with your family on holiday and bring them closer together. Get out there with these simple tips, save money and have a great time.