How can I avoid bad credit?
Why do I need to avoid a bad credit rating?
Prevention is always better than a cure. Having a bad credit rating can have large negative impacts on your life, so it is definitely worth the effort to avoid this fate. There are a number of things you can do to help you keep clear of a bad credit rating and to maintain a good credit score.
Ways to avoid a bad credit rating:
- Make sure your credit providers are immediately informed of a change of address or contact details
- If you notice a direct debit has stopped but the debt still exists, don’t wait to be contacted by your creditor. Call them first
- If there is an issue with making a payment, call the creditor immediately to discuss the matter
- If your debt cannot be paid right away, talk to the creditor about a payment plan
- If a payment plan is agreed on, make sure it is honoured
- Make sure everything is in writing.
Most importantly, don’t bury your head in the sand if things go wrong
If you know you are going to have trouble making a payment, contact the credit provider and let them know. Many of these situations can be resolved through effective communication.
What if I already have a bad credit rating?
If you do find yourself with a bad credit rating, do not despair; Clean Credit is here to help. Through our credit repair service, we can help you remove negative listings from your credit report and improve your credit score. A good credit rating could give you more financial opportunities and allow you to move on with your life.